Sunday, January 31, 2010

Blog 3

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/comments/apple-unveils-ipad-tablet-computer/
http://www.pcworld.com/article/188073/apple_ipad_reviews_the_critics_weigh_in.html

Apple's new technology that is about to hit the market is the iPad. The iPad is a 9.7 inch LED backlit LCD that contains either sixteen, thirty-two, or sixty-four gigabytes. It has either wi-fi or 3g data plan from AT&T. It can hold itunes, photos, video, and applications from apple app store. The iPad's processor is a custom 1 gigahertz Apple A4. It has speakers, microphone, compass, QWERTY keyboard, and an accelerometer. Basically an iPad is a netbook created by Apple Inc. The price ranges from $499 to $829.
Apple has created our electronics for the past decade. We, the consumers, eat it up. Everything that apple pulls out of their heads, we pull out our wallets. I don't see why people should be following today's technology. Don't get me wrong, I do like Apple and yes, I have a several of their products like their iPod touch and iPod nano. The fact that their old makes me not fit in to that category. Only because I don't waste my money when it came out because it would be cheaper when the next model comes in. I have use to have a mp3 player, but it broke so I bought an iPod touch. An iPod touch has been out for 3 years when I bought mine. I paid a fraction of what I've could've paid. This explanation is an excuse for my purchases from Apple and consumerism. People buy numerous electronics, but is there a need for an extra laptop? I have a desktop computer and a laptop, but my laptop is for portable paperwork. If I bought a iPad it would be like a high processor iTouch except it has a bigger LED screen or a netbook without a keypad. Why waste my money on a gadget that doesn't do as much as I wanted to but it just looks pretty. So pointless and improvident to pay such a thing. Also, the iPad doesn't have 4:3 aspect ratio, a HDMI port, a camera, and it can not multi-task. Plus, the iPad cost more then some laptops which the laptops can do more then any iPad could. I will conclude that there isn't a reason why people should get an iPad or anything of that sort. Be resourceful and economical, don't follow technology trends.

No comments:

Post a Comment